Welcome back to the PSVG Nintendo Download! As a long-time fan of the series, can I just say that I love seeing Mega Man back in the conversation? Mega Man X highlights this week’s download with the release of the Mega Man X Legacy Collection. Here’s the rundown for the Nintendo Switch:
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection – The celebrated Mega Man X series returns. Play as Mega Man X – the powerful successor of classic fighting robot Mega Man – as he battles a variety of deadly bosses known as Mavericks in four hit titles. Mega Man X Legacy Collection includes the legendary 16-bit titles and the series’ exciting foray into the 32-bit era: Mega Man X, Mega Man X2, Mega Man X3 and Mega Man X4. Test your skills in the new X Challenge mode, which pits players against two deadly bosses in two-on-one battles. The Mega Man X Legacy Collection game launches for the Nintendo Switch system on July 24.
- Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 – Complete the Mega Man X saga with this collection of four action-packed titles. Spanning two gaming eras, this collection showcases the evolution of the series with Mega Man X5, Mega Man X6, Mega Man X7 and Mega Man X8. Both Mega Man X and his ally Zero return as playable characters, allowing players to jump and shoot through challenging stages with X’s arm cannon, or slash through enemies with Zero’s energy saber. The Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 game launches for the Nintendo Switch system on July 24.
- Bomb Chicken – Who doesn’t love chicken… especially when it’s smothered in delicious blue hot sauce? After a freak accident a seemingly ordinary chicken becomes a bomb-laying, free-range hero. Explore the versatile mechanic of laying bombs in this explosive exploration platformer, and answer the ultimate question: Which came first the chicken or the bomb?
Want a wacky demo on your 3DS? Nintendo has you covered!
- WarioWare Gold Demo – Wario has a special treat for you! Better think fast if you want to succeed in this demo of his upcoming WarioWare Gold game. You’ll use the touchscreen, tilt the system and push buttons as you laugh your way through the fully voiced story introduction, featuring new and classic characters!
Let’s see what else is happening in the might Nintendo-Sphere:
- The Second Nintendo Labo Creators Contest: Enter for a chance to win a specially designed, collectible cardboard-inspired Nintendo Switch system, Nintendo Labo Creators jackets and more. The contest runs July 19 at 11 a.m. PT through Aug. 20 at 10:59 a.m. PT. For more details about how to enter, please visit https://labo.nintendo.com/share/#!/contest/.
- Octopath Traveler My Nintendo Rewards: To celebrate the launch of the Octopath Traveler game, My Nintendo is offering eight different box art covers (one for each of the main characters) for the case of your Octopath Traveler game (sold separately). Redeem your points and choose your character for your box art cover! Plus, we’re also offering downloadable wallpapers for your PC or smart phone. Check out the details at My Nintendo: https://my.nintendo.com/news/6b677325fde74ff4
- Pixel Toads Lead to Platinum Points: Captain Toad is starring in his own puzzling quest in the Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker game for the Nintendo Switch system and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. My Nintendo members can join the adventure with a special “hide-and-seek” mission to earn My Nintendo points. Here’s the mission: Log in to My Nintendo, then find all four Pixel Toads hidden on the official game website and earn 100 Platinum Points – that’s 25 Platinum Points for each Pixel Toad you find. Good luck!
- Celebrate the One-Year Anniversary of Splatoon 2 with a Splatfest and My Nintendo: July 21 marks the first anniversary of the Splatoon 2 game, and we’re celebrating with a global Splatfest! Which sea creature is your favorite, Squid or Octopus? This hotly contested Splatfest will occur from 9 p.m. PT on July 20 until 9 p.m. PT on July 21. To help celebrate, My Nintendo is offering Inkling and Octoling printable posters, as well as downloadable wallpaper. Redeem your points for these rewards today.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week:
- ACA NEOGEO LEAGUE BOWLING (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Animal Rivals: Nintendo Switch Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Arcade Archives City CONNECTION (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Beat Rush (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Chicken Assassin: Reloaded (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Frost (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Galak-Z: Variant S (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Ghost 1.0 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Guts & Glory (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Heroki (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available July 20
- Hungry Shark World (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Lost Phones Stories (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- NoReload Heroes (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Pool Panic (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Sausage Sports Club (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Semblance (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available July 24
- Spheroids (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available July 20
- STARSHIP AVENGER Operation: Take Back Earth (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Tanzia (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Vozel Shot for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- VSR: Void Space Racing (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available July 20
- Werewolf Pinball (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available July 20
So many games dropping all the time! How do we keep up? I’m going to keep an eye out on Pool Panic, but let’s face it, I have a ton of Octopath Traveler to keep playing!
Hope you are having a great summer, come back next week for more Nintendo Download!
Huge week on the Nintendo eShop with two major items on Switch. System exclusive JRPG Octopath Traveler arrives and the monster Fortnite begins season 5 “World’s Collide” with an all-new battle pass and now GYRO controls on Switch. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker hits both 3DS and Nintendo Switch to round an awesome week. Read more for details, video reviews, etc.
This week on the Nintendo eShop has some surprises, some of which the Shack staffers have their hands on and will be discussing on a podcast soon 🙂
The Lion’s Song – It is steeped in early 20th century history and focuses on a cast of Austrian artists and scientists with each episode taking a closer look at their intimate struggles with creativity and inspiration. (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available July 10
Pocket Rumble – The Pocket Rumble game retains gameplay elements that make traditional fighters great, but reduces the level of necessary execution and memorization. This way, players of all skill levels can get to a competitive level.
Miles & Kilo – Miles and Kilo have been attacked by a mischievous specter! With their plane in pieces and a gang of thieving scoundrels running off with the important parts, the unfortunate duo’s only hope of escape is to embark on a thrilling chase across a haunted island. (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
Mario Tennis Aces – Unleash an arsenal of shots and strategies in all-out tennis battles with friends, family and fan-favorite Mushroom Kingdom characters. Whether you play locally*, online** or using simple motion controls, intense rallies await. In Adventure mode, experience a new flavor of tennis gameplay, with a variety of missions and boss battles. The Mario Tennis Acesgame will be available on June 22.
Minecraft – The Minecraft game is bigger, better and more beautiful than ever! Build anything you can imagine in Creative mode, or go on grand expeditions in Survival across mysterious lands and into the depths of your own infinite worlds. This new version will let you discover tons of community creations in the Minecraft Store and let you share the adventure with friends on phone, Windows 10 or console. Plus, current owners of the Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition game will be able to upgrade to the new version of Minecraft by downloading it from Nintendo eShop for free!
LUMINES REMASTERED – The critically acclaimed puzzle game produced by legendary creator Tetsuya Mizuguchi arrives on Nintendo Switch. An HD remaster of the original game, LUMINES REMASTERED beautifully marries the elements of sound, light and puzzle-action into one addictive, yet easy-to-play game. You’re at the center of the high-energy, block-dropping action while you groove to awesome house, trance and techno beats. LUMINES REMASTERED will be available on June 26.
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA – Adol awakens shipwrecked and stranded on a cursed island. There, he and the other shipwrecked passengers he rescues form a village to challenge fearsome beasts and explore mysterious ruins on the isolated island. Amid this, Adol begins to dream of a mysterious blue-haired maiden living in an unknown world. Join Adol as he unravels the riddle of the cursed isle and the blue-haired maiden Dana in the Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA game, available on June 26.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
- Great deals this week! Check out the full list of deals available this week at http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals.
Also new this week:
- 1917 – The Alien Invasion DX (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO THE LAST BLADE 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Air Mail (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 26
- Anima: Gate of Memories – Arcane Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Anima: Gate of Memories – The Nameless Chronicles (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Caveman Warriors – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Cubikolor (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 26
- de Blob (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 26
- Destiny’s Princess: A War Story, A Love Story (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Drawful 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- GUNBIRD2 for Nintendo Switch (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade: Wizard Fire (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Lost in Harmony (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Mahjong Deluxe 3 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- MUSYNX (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Pode (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- The Journey Down: Chapter One (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Vegas Party (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- WHIP! WHIP! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
Fortnite – Jump in to be the last one standing in the free-to-start 100-player Battle Royale. Build huge forts. Outwit your opponents. Earn your Victory. Squad up together online* with friends in the same room or around the world.
Hollow Knight – Forge your own path in Hollow Knight, an epic action adventure through a vast ruined kingdom of insects and heroes. Explore twisting caverns, battle tainted creatures and befriend bizarre bugs, all in a classic, hand-drawn 2D style.
Paladins – Founder’s Pack – Wield guns and magic as a legendary Champion of the Realm, customizing your core set of abilities to play exactly how you want to play. The Founder’s Pack is now available for $29.99. Paladins will be available as a free-to-start game later this year. Owners of the Founder’s Pack get early access, immediately unlock all Champions and their voice packs now and forever, and receive exclusive cosmetics.
LEGO The Incredibles – Experience the thrilling LEGO adventures of the Parr family as they conquer crime and family life through both Disney-Pixar films The Incredibles and Incredibles 2. LEGO The Incredibles allows players to explore action-packed story levels and an epic hub world, including Municiberg, as they use their unique “Super” abilities to bring the city’s Super Villains to justice. The LEGO The Incredibles game for the Nintendo Switch system will be available on June 15.
Fallout Shelter – Fallout Shelter puts you in control of a state-of-the-art underground Vault from Vault-Tec. Build the perfect Vault, keep your Dwellers happy, and protect them from the dangers of the Wasteland. From time to time, idyllic Vault life may be disrupted by the dangers of post-nuclear life. Prepare your Dwellers to protect against threats from the outside…and within.
Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion – Play as an Octoling for the very first time in this large-scale downloadable content for the Splatoon 2 game. This full-on single-player adventure spans 80 missions starring Agent 8, a new character who awakens on a dark subway platform. Navigate this mysterious underground test facility in a desperate battle to reach the surface of Inkopolis. Escape from these twisted depths, and you’ll be able to join multiplayer* matches as an Octoling. You may think you know everything about the world of Splatoon, but these waters run deep, and so does the lore. The Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion DLC is available now. Full game is required to use DLC.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – New DLC is releasing for owners of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Expansion Pass. Buy the Expansion Pass to gain access to titanic new content, including the Challenge Battle Mode as well as Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country this September.
Challenge Battle Mode, launching today at 10 p.m. PT.
This additional battle mode will test players’ skills with new battle rules in challenging new scenarios that highlight minor story elements and bring the characters Shulk and Fiora from the original Xenoblade Chronicles into the Nintendo Switch game for the very first time as new Rare Blades.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Save up to 50 percent on select digital games – Super Smash Bros. is back! Celebrate E3 2018 with savings on select digital games that helped make some of your favorite fighters famous, as well as other great games. Offer starts today at 9 a.m. PT and ends June 21 at 8:59 a.m. PT.
- Breath of the Wild $44.99
- Splatoon 2 $39.99
- Mario + Rabbids Gold Editon $43.99
- Golf Story $9.89
- Night in the Woods $13.99
- Ultra Street Fighter 2 $19.99
- Overcooked $11.99
- Rocket League $14.99
- Darkest Dungeon $18.74
- Ocarina of Time 3D $15
- Kirby Planet Robobot $28
- Mega Man LC $6
- Theatrhythm FF Curtain Call $20
- Metroid Samus Returns $28
- Fire Emblem Echoes $26.79
- EarthBound $7
- Sega 3D Classics $15
- DKC Returns 3D $15
- Apollo Justice Ace Attorney $10 & more
Also new this week:
- ACA NEOGEO SUPER SIDEKICKS 3 : THE NEXT GLORY (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Alchemic Jousts (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Beekyr Reloaded (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Bloons TD 5 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Chameleon Run Deluxe Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Grab the Bottle (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 20
- INK (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 19
- Jolt Family Robot Racer (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Lanota (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Moorhuhn Remake (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Otto (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Parallel (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Pub Encounter (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- R.B.I. Baseball 18 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Soccer Slammers (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- The Lost Child (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 19
It goes without saying – The Nintendo Shack was more than pleased by today’s announcements. Nintendo Shack records the podcast tomorrow 😉
Every year during E3 week, video game publishers talk about the games they’re planning to release in the next couple of years (or, sometime in the next decade at least…). It’s an exciting time to be a gamer, as we learn about the worlds we will be inhabiting.
A host of companies hold live presentations to reveal the latest games, and the bevy of gaming media across the globe grade these companies on how well the presentations went. (Hey, we’ve got coverage of every conference here at PSVG. Subscribe to the podcast feed!)
But we spend too much time talking about how the presenters did. Was there enough gameplay? Were there enough surprises? Too much time on mobile games? Why’d they waste so much time on live music and YouTube personalities!?
The thing is, the world and how we consume media have changed greatly since the first Electronics Entertainment Expo more than two decades ago. Gaming itself has broken into the mainstream, with millions of people watching and playing games all over the world. More people watch eSports. More than 100 million people watch the largest League of Legends tournaments online.
Many hardcore gamers get their gaming news straight from the source — the Playstation Blog debuts games on a near-daily basis. YouTube personalities play a role in showing off developers’ hard work.
And, yet…we sit and watch as EA, Microsoft, Bethesda, Devolver, Ubisoft, Square Enix and PlayStation get up on stages and talk about games. Everything between gameplay is derided as pointless, unless you have a charismatic person like Todd Howard who doesn’t fully rely on a teleprompter.
The information revealed in these staid presentations could easily be included in standard press releases, accompanied by videos. Nintendo’s Directs have this flavor, but the idea could easily be adapted to fit each company’s corporate flavor. This year’s Direct was fantastic, with about 20 minutes of fast-hitting trailers and announcements, followed by a 25-minute deep dive into Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
The best part of E3 — for me — is in perusing through the deluge of news and picking out what I’m interested in learning more about. The coverage that mainstream sites like IGN, Kinda Funny, Polygon and more put up throughout the event is worth far more than the presentations themselves. PlayStation and Nintendo’s livestreams are far more interesting and informative than the presentations.
I’m not calling for an end to E3 itself, but instead a reimagining of how the information is released. It can cost less, take less time and be for efficient, all while still stoking conversation and getting gamers excited.
There is plenty to be excited about, as well. Personally, I’m super excited for Fallout 76, StarLink, Anthem, Spider-Man, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and more. But I don’t need to watch hour-long “conferences” to stoke the fire of excitement. I need informative gameplay sessions with insightful commentary and interviews.
These are the views of the author, and not PSVG as a whole.
E3. E to the frickin 3. Man what a whirlwind it has been. So much news, games, content to make. Well, until last night that is. Last night we lived those famous lyrics “I fought the law and the law won.”
We stand here today draggin our broken bones and body towards the midway point of E3 hoping to find some common ground with our foe.
As our stream was up sharing our live reactions of all the Ubisoft things. And then boom, the juggernaut that is Ubi said no, not today PSVG. The blocked us, locked us up, and threw away the key.
Now why would Ubisoft go against the PSVG empire you ask? I mean we are like the best PSVG podcast network I know. We have all the personalities and content in every which way and form. I asked myself that same question and came up with three possible ideas.
Could this be because of the good reviews we didn’t give their games? Could it be because we wouldn’t sell out and let them buy our voice? Could it be the fact that one dashing and very good looking coach Mo wasn’t on the stream?
After texting Kevin early this morning I found out it was none of these things. He reminded me that I love Ubisoft games and play a lot of them (Siege for life). It was an unfortunate incident that lead to the 90 day block on YouTube for us sharing with this great community here at PSVG.
Later, they apologized to boss man Don and said they would work on a fix asap. How soon will it come, we don’t know. Now I speculate that this was intentional due to some comments of the salty persuasion made towards a certain game with ships. Can I prove this… No. Will I pursue finding the truth? Probably not. Will I make sarcastic remarks on the internet? Like a Dev T to Destiny, you bet I will. Watch yourself Ubi, I’m on to you.
Well due to Ubi taking down streamers tonight we had to make last minute changes – We apologize for the audio quality, please know we had to make due to get this out on time. We did manage to wrangle Donnie, Justin & Kevin to discuss all things regarding PlayStation at E3 2018.
Caroline, Kevin, & Josh took to the internet to see Square’s QUICK showcase at E3 2018.
Well boys & girls, Xbox has left the E3 stage and boy did they bring a TON of games with them. Donnie, Q & Coach Mo talked over the live show with their impressions live which you can watch below or skim the details below.
INVESTING IN DEVELOPMENT OF ORIGINAL CONTENT
Microsoft announced it is doubling its game development studios by adding five new creative teams to the Microsoft Studios family. New investments include the formation of a brand-new studio, The Initiative, the acquisition of Playground Games, and letters of intent to acquire Ninja Theory, Undead Labs and Compulsion Games.
- The Initiative. Based in Santa Monica, Calif., The Initiative is a brand-new Microsoft game development studio headed by industry veteran Darrell Gallagher that is working to create groundbreaking new worlds, characters and game experiences.
- Playground Games . Microsoft has acquired U.K.-based Playground Games, a development partner since 2010 that has helped grow the “Forza” franchise to new heights. In addition to its work on this year’s “Forza Horizon 4,” Playground Games will have a team dedicated to bringing their open-world expertise to an entirely new project.
- Ninja Theory . The relationship between Ninja Theory and Microsoft started in 2000 when “Kung Fu Chaos” was in development for the original Xbox and culminated in the release of “Hellblade” on Xbox One earlier this year. Microsoft’s intent to acquire Ninja Theory will help ensure the creative team has the resources and freedom to bring more ambitious games like “Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice” to fans.
- Undead Labs. Seattle-based Undead Labs is the creator of the popular “State of Decay” franchise, enjoyed by millions of fans worldwide. In the first two weeks since “State of Decay 2” launched, more than two million fans joined the fight to survive and took down more than two billion zombies. By entering into a letter of intent to acquire Undead Labs, Microsoft is signaling its commitment to growing the franchise and taking the zombie survival-fantasy genre to new heights.
- Compulsion Games. As “We Happy Few” nears its full, multiplatform release on Aug. 10, Microsoft has entered into a letter of intent to acquire Montreal-based Compulsion Games. By joining the team at Microsoft Studios, Compulsion will have the resources, platform and freedom to take even bigger creative risks and create even more ambitious worlds with its future projects.
WHAT IS HALO INFINITE?!
BEST PLACE TO PLAY ORIGINAL, BLOCKBUSTER AND INDEPENDENT GAMES
Xbox One continues to be the best place to play the biggest blockbuster games with over 220 titles enhanced for Xbox One X, the world’s most powerful console, with new games leveraging the power of the platform from some of the world’s most talented creators like “Fallout 76” from Bethesda Game Studios, “Cyberpunk 2077” from CD Projekt Red, “Tom Clancy’s The Division 2” from Ubisoft Massive and dozens more. Independent game creators also continue to innovate on Xbox One with games like “Session,” “Below,” “Ashen” and “Tunic” coming to Xbox One as console launch exclusives.
- “BATTLEFIELD V” (ELECTRONIC ARTS). Available worldwide Oct. 19, 2018, enter mankind’s greatest conflict with “Battlefield™ V” as the series goes back to its roots in a never-before-seen portrayal of World War 2. Take on all-out multiplayer across the world or witness human drama set against global combat in single player War Stories, including Nordlys — a first look shown in the Xbox E3 briefing — the story of a young Norwegian resistance fighter during the German occupation, you must pay an unthinkable price to save not only yourself, but also your family.
- “BLACK DESERT” (PEARL ABYSS). “Black Desert” is a revolutionary MMORPG that delivers intense, fast-paced combat, profitable life skills and an expansive open world. Slay monsters, abominations and gods, or engage in relaxing life skills like crafting, fishing and cooking. Become your true self in this truly open world MMORPG
- “CRACKDOWN 3” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). “Crackdown 3” brings the boom next February, where players will stop crime as a super-powered Agent in a sandbox of mayhem and destruction. Developed by Microsoft Studios in collaboration with Sumo Digital and Elbow Rocket, “Crackdown 3” delivers cooperative mayhem, signature antics, explosive gameplay and an all-new multiplayer mode,iiWrecking Zone, where destruction is your ultimate weapon powered by Microsoft Cloud. Available worldwide in February 2019.
- “CUPHEAD: THE DELICIOUS LAST COURSE” (STUDIO MDHR). In “Cuphead: The Delicious Last Course,” Cuphead and Mugman are joined by Ms. Chalice for a DLC add-on adventure on a brand-new island! With new weapons, new charms and Ms. Chalice’s brand new abilities, take on a new cast of multifaceted, screen-filling bosses to assist Chef Saltbaker in Cuphead’s final challenging quest.
- “CYBERPUNK 2077” (CD PROJEKT RED). “Cyberpunk 2077” is a narrative-driven, open world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. You play as V, a hired gun on the rise, who just got their first serious contract. In a world of cyber-enhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate lifehackers, today is your first step to becoming an urban legend.
- “DEVIL MAY CRY 5” (CAPCOM). A brand-new entry in the legendary over-the-top action series comes to Xbox One in spring 2019, complete with its signature blend of high-octane stylized action and otherworldly and original characters the series is known for. Years have passed since the legions of hell have set foot in this world, but now a new demonic invasion has begun, and humanity’s last hope will rest in the hands of three lone demon hunters, each offering a radically different play style. United by fate and a thirst for vengeance, these demon hunters will have to face their demons if they hope to survive. The devil you know returns in the most over the top, technically advanced, utterly insane action experience of this generation.
- “DYING LIGHT 2” (TECHLAND). The bold sequel to the open-world phenomenon, “Dying Light 2” brings to life a unique post-apocalyptic vision of the Modern Dark Ages, where your parkour abilities and brutal combat skills are the only things that let you dive into darkness and emerge alive. Make morally grey decisions, shape the transformation of the City and ultimately decide its fate.
- “FALLOUT 76” (BETHESDA GAME STUDIOS). The award-winning creators of “Skyrim” and “Fallout 4” welcome you to “Fallout 76” — a stunning prequel and the largest world ever created in the legendary Fallout universe. Set in the hills of West Virginia, you are one of the first to emerge, into a new and untamed wasteland.
- “FORZA HORIZON 4” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE – WORLD PREMIERE). In “Forza Horizon 4,” seasons change everything. This highly anticipated follow-up to 2016’s breakout hit “Forza Horizon 3” brings players dynamic seasons in a shared open world that change every week. Experience beautiful, historic Britain in spectacular native 4K and HDR, collect over 450 cars, and become a Horizon Superstar. “Forza Horizon 4” will launch worldwide on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Game Pass on Oct. 2, 2018, as an Xbox Play Anywhere title.
- “GEARS 5” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE – WORLD PREMIERE). As Kait, journey across the biggest, most beautiful Gears world ever created. Play solo or with a friend in local split-screen co-op, or online co-opiii and experience every mode in 4K Ultra HD resolution with stunning HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second. “Gears 5” will be released in 2019 on Xbox One and Windows 10 and will come to Xbox Game Pass on the same date as its global release.
- “GEARS POP!” (IOS AND ANDROID EXCLUSIVE – WORLD PREMIERE). “Gears Pop!” brings together iconic Gears characters in a cute Funko Pop! style. The game is being developed in partnership with Funko (Nasdaq “FNKO”) and inspired by the “Gears of War” vinyl collectible figures. It’s the perfect slice of mobile mayhem, available on iOS and Android in 2019.
- “GEARS TACTICS” (WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE – WORLD PREMIERE). “Gears Tactics” evolves turn-based tactics games combining signature fast-paced brutal action and character-driven storytelling with customizable squads, upgradable weapons, and, of course, massive boss battles. “Gears Tactics” is also the first Gears game to be specifically designed for PC gamers.
- “HALO INFINITE” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE – WORLD PREMIERE). The Master Chief returns in the next chapter of the legendary franchise in “Halo Infinite.” Developed by 343 Industries and created with the studio’s new Slipspace Engine, “Halo Infinite” debuted at the Xbox E3 2018 Briefing with a thrilling engine demo that provides a glimpse into the future of Halo, leading the franchise into new and unexpected directions.
- “JUMP FORCE” (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC). The greatest heroes and villains from the 50-year history of Shueisha’s influential Japanese Weekly Jump manga will battle against each other across iconic locations across Earth in this anime fan’s dream come true! Featuring the world’s most popular and classic manga and anime franchises including DRAGON BALL Z, ONE PIECE, NARUTO, and many others, players will be able to compete in hyper-stylish arena brawls set against familiar backdrops of famous landmarks around the world, including New York City’s Times Square and the Matterhorn.
- “JUST CAUSE 4” (SQUARE ENIX). Rogue agent Rico Rodriguez journeys to Solis, a huge South American world home of conflict, oppression and extreme weather conditions. Strap into your wingsuit, equip your fully customizable grappling hook, and get ready to bring the thunder!
- “KINGDOM HEARTS III” (SQUARE ENIX). “KINGDOM HEARTS III” tells the story of the power of friendship as Sora and his friends embark on a perilous adventure and support each other through difficult times. Set in a vast array of Disney worlds, “KINGDOM HEARTS” follows the journey of Sora, a young boy and unknowing heir to a spectacular power. Sora is joined by Donald and Goofy to stop an evil force known as the Heartless from invading and overtaking the universe. Through the power of positivity and friendship, Sora, Donald and Goofy unite with iconic Disney-Pixar characters old and new to overcome tremendous challenges and persevere against the darkness threatening their worlds.
- “METRO EXODUS” (DEEP SILVER). “Metro Exodus” is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created. Explore the Russian wilderness across vast, nonlinear levels and follow a thrilling storyline that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter. Inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky, “Metro Exodus” continues Artyom’s story in the greatest Metro adventure yet.
- “NIER: AUTOMATA” BECOME AS GODS EDITION (SQUARE ENIX). “NieR: Automata” is a revolutionary action RPG set in a post-apocalyptic world overrun by machine lifeforms and abandoned by mankind. As part of an android army created by humans to reclaim the planet, players will fight their way through the mechanical horde using a collective of close-combat weapons and ranged attacks.
- “ORI AND THE WILL OF THE WISPS” (XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). The highly anticipated sequel “Ori and the Will of the Wisps” made its worldwide gameplay debut, showcasing Ori’s immersive world, dynamic combat mechanics, gripping enemy encounters and challenging puzzles in this story-driven adventure. “Ori and the Will of the Wisps” releases on Xbox One and Windows 10 in 2019.
- “PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS” (CONSOLE LAUNCH EXCLUSIVE). PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), the tactical, high-octane battle royale phenomenon, debuted footage from two new maps: Sanhok, a smaller-scale, action-packed map inspired by the islands that dot the Southeast Pacific Ocean, and a snow-covered map currently in development. New footage also debuted of War Mode, a deathmatch-style battle royale gaming experience and the world premiere debut of the Ballistic Shield, a new tool for setting up quick cover for explosive and close-distance attacks. Sanhok and War Mode will debut on Xbox in late summer 2018.
- “SEA OF THIEVES” (XBOX ONEiv AND WINDOWS 10 EXCLUSIVE). “Sea of Thieves,” the shared-world multiplayer game that provides the quintessential pirate experience, returns with additional content that continues to grow and evolve the game. Releasing in July, Cursed Sails will bring a new threat to the seas in the form of terrifying skeleton ships. In September, Forsaken Shores will reveal a perilous new part of the world, filled with dangers that will test the skill and nerve of even the most hardened crews. Each update will be accompanied by a time-limited campaign that introduces content in a fun, engaging and memorable way. “Sea of Thieves” is now available on Xbox One, Windows 10 and Xbox Game Pass as an Xbox Play Anywhere title.
- “SEKIRO™: SHADOWS DIE TWICE” (ACTIVISION). A fantastical, dark and twisted new gameplay experience developed by the renowned team at FromSoftware and published by Activision. Directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki, “Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice” is a third-person, action-adventure game with RPG elements. The single-player game puts gamers in the protagonist role of a hard-hearted warrior whose mission is to rescue his master, a young lord, and exact revenge on his arch nemesis. “Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice” is scheduled for release in early 2019 for the family of Xbox One devices from Microsoft, including the Xbox One X. Preorders are available now at select retailers for the suggested retail price of $59.99.
- “SESSION” (CREA-TURE STUDIOS). Inspired by the golden era of skateboarding, the early 90s and early 2000, “Session’s” primary goal is to make you experience what skateboarding really is: an incredible sport where there are no other goals other than expressing your creativity and achieving success through hard work, perseverance and bits of madness for no one else other than yourself.
- “SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER” (SQUARE ENIX). Experience Lara Croft’s defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider. In “Shadow of the Tomb Raider,” Lara must master a deadly jungle, overcome terrifying tombs, and persevere through her darkest hour. As she races to save the world from a Maya apocalypse, Lara will ultimately be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.
- “TALES OF VESPERIA: DEFINITIVE EDITION” (BANDAI NAMCO ENTERTAINMENT AMERICA INC). Available this winter, “Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition” celebrates the 10th anniversary of this cherished RPG with new fully playable characters, events and other additional content never released outside of Japan. Follow Yuri Lowell, a former Imperial Knight, as he befriends a colorful cast of characters throughout the world of Terca Lumireis and finds himself in the middle of a nefarious plot that threatens the destruction of the entire planet.
- “THE AWESOME ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN SPIRIT” (SQUARE ENIX). Have you ever dreamt of being a superhero? Meet Chris, a creative and imaginative 10-year-old boy who escapes reality with fantastical adventures as his alter ego, the Awesome Captain Spirit! Return to your childhood and play a touching and heart-warming one-of-a-kind narrative experience from the directors and development team behind the BAFTA award-winning game “Life is Strange.” “The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit” is an original story set in the Life is Strange Universe that contains links to the brand new story an characters of “Life is Strange 2.”
- “TOM CLANCY’S THE DIVISION 2” (UBISOFT). Developed by Ubisoft Massive and the same teams that brought you “Tom Clancy’s The Division®,” “Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2″ is an online open-world, action-shooter RPG experience set in a collapsing and fractured Washington, D.C. This rich new setting combines a wide variety of beautiful, iconic and realistic environments where the player will experience the series’ trademark for authenticity in world- building, rich RPG systems, and fast-paced action like never before. Play solo or co-op with a team of up to four players to complete a wide range of activities, from the main campaign and adversarial PvP matches to the Dark Zone — where anything can happen.
- “TUNIC” (FINJI). “TUNIC” is an isometric action adventure about a tiny fox in a big world. Embark on an adventuresome questabout set in that place just beyond the farthest you’ve ever been! Explore ancient ruins, fight monsters and uncover mysterious secrets. The world is big and scary — so be brave, little one!
- “WE HAPPY FEW” (COMPULSION GAMES, GEARBOX PUBLISHING). After debuting as an Xbox Game Preview title at the 2016 Xbox E3 Briefing, “We Happy Few” 1.0, which includes an all-new narrative and community-driven improvements, will launch on Xbox One and Xbox One X (with 4K and HDR support) on Aug. 10, 2018. “We Happy Few” is a narrative-driven action adventure game set in a drug-fueled, retrofuturistic 1960s England. Uncover the mystery of Wellington Wells as you play through the interwoven narratives of three moderately terrible citizens trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial.
ACCESS TO YOUR FAVORITE GAMES FASTER AND BETTER THAN EVER
Microsoft announced several new titles joining the Xbox Game Pass catalog this year including “Forza Horizon 4,” “Fallout 4,” “Tom Clancy’s The Division” and “The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited,” as well as several new ID@Xbox games being added on their release date. Microsoft also introduced new innovations to push digital gaming forward, including FastStart, an innovation from Microsoft’s Machine Learning Team, and plans from Microsoft’s Gaming Cloud Team to develop a game streaming service to unlock console-quality gaming on any device.
“We’ve been thrilled to see the positive impact Xbox Game Pass is having on the gaming ecosystem, including increasing the number of titles gamers play nearly 40 percent and increasing gameplay hours by almost 20 percent,” said Mike Nichols, chief marketing officer for Gaming at Microsoft. “With the ultimate freedom to explore and play over 100 great games, Xbox Game Pass delivers our members an incredible value in gaming.”
- Xbox Game Pass. The Xbox Game Pass catalog continues to expand, with exciting new blockbuster titles available to members starting today, including “Fallout 4,” “The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited” and “Tom Clancy’s The Division.” Microsoft also announced several notable titles launching through the ID@Xbox program that will be coming to Xbox Game Pass this year to coincide with their debut on Xbox One. These include “Warhammer: Vermintide 2,” “Ashen,” “Afterparty” and “Phoenix Point,” as well as blockbusters from some of our biggest first-party franchises such as “Forza Horizon 4,” “Crackdown 3,” “Gears 5” and “Halo: The Master Chief Collection,” which will release later in 2018 and beyond.
- FastStart (Xbox One). With FastStart, you can now jump into your gamei twice as fast and play after downloading just a fraction of your title. FastStart identifies which files are needed to begin playing and prioritizes the download of those files first, enabling you to quickly jump into full-fidelity gameplay while the remainder of your title downloads in the background. Simply find the FastStart-enabled title you want to play, hit Download and your console will take care of the rest. It’s that simple.
- Xbox Adaptive Controller (Xbox One, Windows 10). Beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 11, preorders will begin in select markets for the first-of-its-kind Xbox Adaptive Controller, designed for gamers with limited mobility. Available exclusively through Microsoft Store for $99.99 USD, the newest addition to the Xbox family of controllers and devices is designed to be as adaptable as possible, so gamers can create a setup that works for them in a way that is plug-and-play, extensible and affordable.
- Mixer. Mixer, Microsoft’s live streaming service, is seeing continued growth with viewership doubling in just six months to more than 20 million. The majority of this is growth from viewers on mobile
The last week before E3 brings a brand new Nintendo game in Sushi Striker to 3DS and Nintendo Switch. Also, Banner Saga 2 & the Legendary Eleven drop to offer some choices for you to consider.
Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido – Help Musashi end the Empire’s tyrannical monopoly of the world’s sushi supply by becoming a Sushi Striker. Devour conveyor-belt sushi, matching plates and sushi types to defeat any enemy or boss who stands between you and victory. Befriend Sushi Sprites and use their powerful skills in battle. The Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushidogame for the Nintendo Switch system and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems will be available on June 8. A free Nintendo Switch demo is also available in Nintendo eShop. Nintendo 3DS version playable in 2D only.
Banner Saga 2 – The award-winning adventure continues in Banner Saga 2. This epic story-based role-playing game continues its emotional journey across a breaking world. Bold leadership decisions, wise use of resources and skillful battle tactics are vital to ensure your Viking clans make it through alive. Your choices will carry over from the first game, or you can start fresh with new preset characters.
BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE – An unrivaled clash of explosive proportions! Created through an all-star collaboration between BLAZBLUE, ATLUS’ Persona, French Bread’s Under Night In-Birth and Rooster Teeth’s hugely popular RWBY web series, CROSS TAG BATTLE celebrates the fighting genre for pros and newcomers alike. Choose your team in fast-paced 2v2 battles filled with the craziness you’ve come to love from BLAZBLUE, with all the tight mechanics, smooth gameplay and gorgeous 2D graphics you expect from Arc System Works.
- Earn double Gold Points when you pre-purchase the digital version of Mario Tennis Aces! – Receive a bonus of 300 My Nintendo Gold Points when you pre-purchase the digital version of the Mario Tennis Aces game through Nintendo eShop or Nintendo.com (where available). Offer ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on June 21. Bonus points will be issued a few days after the release day of the game, are earned based on the original list price of the game on Nintendo eShop, and will vary by country and currency.
- Fire Emblem Heroes 2.6 Update – Accessories for Heroes’ mini units have been added. These accessories can be seen by other players in the Arena, so you can customize the look of your Heroes and show them off. Accessories are planned to be available through events and quests. Note: Accessories will not alter a Hero’s stats or skills.
Also new this week:
- A Magical High School Girl (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO RIDING HERO (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Baobabs Mausoleum – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- D/Generation: The Original (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Deemo – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Devious Dungeon – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 11
- GRIDD: Retroenhanced (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Hexologic (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 12
- Iro Hero (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- KADOBAT WARS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Legendary Eleven (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 8
- Milanoir (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- One Strike (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 8
- Operation Hardcore (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Pure / Electric Love “What do you want?” – Eri Kitami – (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Samurai Defender: Ninja Warfare (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Semispheres – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Shining Resonance Refrain – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 12
- Songbringer (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Tennis World Tour (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 12
- THE Number Puzzle (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Games for Toddlers 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Rainbow Snake (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Storm Chaser – Tornado Alley (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
During Momocon 2018 Donnie got the chance to interview Sarah Conde from the ID@Xbox Team. We discuss her relationshiop with Momocon, Summer of Arcade, the current indie game marketplace and the challenge for indie developers to get noticed, and how the ID@Xbox program can assist aspiring developers. Follow Sarah on Twitter at Twitter
At Momocon 2018 we got to interview Ian Flood, programmer-social media-writing extraordinaire from Yacht Club Games, yes… the makers of Shovel Knight! Download/Listen to the podcast on podbean!
- Pokémon Quest – Set off for adventure in the Pokémon Quest game. Venture out with your Pokémon buddies on expeditions across Tumblecube Island in search of loot in this free-to-start action-adventure for the Nintendo Switch system. Modify your Pokémon buddies with discovered Power Stones to make your ultimate expedition team. With a cube-shaped art style, Pokémon Quest is unlike any Pokémon game you’ve seen before. The simple gameplay makes it easy to hop into expeditions and start exploring Tumblecube Island with the help of your Pokémon buddies. Afterwards, head back to your base camp where you can use the loot you found during your adventure to befriend more Pokémon. Attract various Kanto Region Pokémon to your base camp by cooking up dishes made with collected ingredients! You can even decorate your base camp with fun items that provide helpful bonuses that make your expeditions more beneficial.
- Just Shapes & Beats – Just Shapes & Beats is a chaotic co-op musical bullet-hell based on three simple things: avoid Shapes, move to the rad Beats, and die, repeatedly. It’s a new spin on SHMUPs, adding a layer of co-op that’s at the core of the game: ’cause everything is better with friends. Hits like a ton of bricks straight into your eardrums and your eyeballs; BAM! (Additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode. Sold separately.)
- West of Loathing – West of Loathing is a single-player slapstick comedy adventure role-playing game set in the Wild West of the Kingdom of Loathing universe. Traverse snake-infested gulches, punch skeletons wearing cowboy hats, grapple with demon cows and investigate a wide variety of disgusting spittoons. Explore a vast open world and encounter a colorful cast of characters, some of whom are good, many of whom are bad, and a few of whom are ugly.
- Mario Tennis Aces Pre-Launch Online Tournament Demo Event – The Mario Tennis Aces game launches June 22, but we’re offering an early chance to polish your skills in the Pre-Launch Online Tournament demo event featuring online tournament mode. Jump online and fight your way to the top of the in-game bracket in frenetic tennis matches. The more rivals you beat, the more points you will earn, which will unlock more playable characters in the demo. This event will only be active for the short time period between 6 p.m. PT on June 1 and 11:59 p.m. PT on June 3. By participating and keeping your save data, you can unlock Mario’s classic outfit in the full version of the game once purchased, so don’t miss out!
- CA NEOGEO NINJA COMBAT (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Defoliation (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- FOX n FORESTS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Happy Birthdays (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 5
- ICEY (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Johnny Turbo’s Arcade Joe and Mac Caveman Ninja (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Kid Tripp – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Lost Sea (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Neonwall – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 1
- Pirate Pop Plus (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Quad Fighter K (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Shape of the World (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 6
- Shift Quantum (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- SilverStarChess (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Smoke and Sacrifice (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Super Sportmatchen (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available June 5
- Them Bombs! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Trax – Build it Race it (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- World Soccer Pinball (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Yesterday Origins (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Masked Forces (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Dragon Lapis (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Kid Tripp – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
My Nintendo Rewards – My Nintendo is kicking off your summer vacation with new rewards. You can redeem your points and receive up to 50 percent discounts on some fun select games:
- Getting together with friends? These games feature multiplayer* fun!
- Tank Troopers, Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
- Try these fun adventures that are even more fun with friends.
- Fantasy Life, Pocket Card Jockey
- Traveling to France this summer? Get the Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre software!
- Having a staycation this summer? These games are fun to play by yourself or with a buddy.*
- Paper Mario: Color Splash, Mario Strikers Charged, Mario Hoops 3-on-3
- *Additional games and systems are required for multiplayer mode and are sold separately.
We had the opportunity to interview Kyle Hebert – Voice of Gohan and West Kai in Dragon Ball Z, Ryu, Frederick & Validar from Fire Emblem, Mitabi in Attack on Titan, Kiba in Naruto and so many other voices here Kyle’s Website Can Be Found Here
Last night The Pokemon Company announced a brand new Pokemon game for the Nintendo Switch called Pokemon Quest & it’s available to play right now on Switch, May 30, 2018. A mobile phone version will be available on Google Play and iOS late June 2018. The game is marked “free to start” but as you can see in the Let’s Play below, the tickets are pretty plentiful at least in the first hour. Pokemon fans might want to check this one out.
Pokemon Quest was developed by GAME FREAK featuring simple controls where users tap the screen to battle or buttons using the controller. Players can expect to be “hunting for treasure, battling with wild Pokémon, discovering unexplored territories, and even cooking tasty treats to tempt new Pokémon to join your party.”
PSVG was able to interview the legend, Goichi Suda at Momocon 2018 in Atlanta, GA. Could he port The Silver Case to Switch? Killer7? Why did he come back to Travis Touchdown and No More Heroes? Working with Nintendo on NX. How being an undertaker impacted his games, professional wrestling, James Gunn, and so much more, you wont want to miss this one. Listen or download the podcast on Podbean.
Carey Means is best known for playing Frylock on the Adult Swim show Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Thundercleese on The Brak Show and currently Jonah Bishop on Nickelodeon’s Welcome to The Wayne. He dropped by “radio row” and talked to us at #Momocon2018
Anyone that caught our eShop release blog this morning may have noticed that the Mario Aces demo wasn’t included. Many on Twitter were wondering if this has been delayed; fear not as the Nintendo website is now showing the demo available to download now. Download Page Here
Unfortunately, it looks like the demo’s service may not yet be active for those that rushed to download. Twitter friend @AliToThePast reports no service and no local play at this time (12:30EST)
Additionally, a demo is also now available for Sushi Striker: The Way of the Sushido on Nintendo Switch. Download Page Here
- Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection – Celebrate Street Fighter’s historic legacy with the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, a massive collection of 12 Street Fighter games that encompass the Street Fighter I, Street Fighter II, Street Fighter IIIand Street Fighter Alpha series. The Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection will be available May 29.
- Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon – Play as Zangetsu, a demon slayer bearing a deep grudge, who must travel through perilous lands to defeat a powerful demon lurking in a dark castle. Zangetsu will meet fellow travelers along the way, who can join your journey as playable characters. Alternating to these characters with their unique abilities will unlock new paths through the treacherous stages. Your choices in recruiting these adventurers will change the difficulty of the game, and may even affect the ending.
- Ikaruga – A rebel pilot named Shinra must battle an enemy nation using a specially designed fighter called the Ikaruga, which can alternate between two energy polarities (black or white) at the touch of a button. Bullets that are the same color as Shinra’s ship can be absorbed, while the opposite color will do damage. The Ikaruga game will be available on May 29.
- Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS
- Sushi Striker: The Way of Sushido (Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS) – The free Nintendo Switch demo for this sushi-eating, plate-throwing puzzle-action-RPG and the option to pre-purchase is now available in Nintendo eShop. The Nintendo 3DS version is also now available for pre-purchase. Nintendo 3DS version playable in 2D only.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers – As a team, defend a post-apocalyptic Wild West from an invasion of transforming rock monsters alongside your Mii character, Dillon the armadillo and his squirrel engineer, Russ. Recruit hired gunners to back you up in battle, and then roll into fights and high-speed chases and take down waves of enemies as Dillon, the “Red Flash” himself. A free demo version of the game is also available for download.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – New DLC is releasing for owners of the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 game and the Expansion Pass. Buy the Expansion Pass to gain access to titanic new content, including the pack below and a new story this fall. To learn more, visit the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 site.
- New Quests Pack 3, launching today at 10 p.m. PT.
- A Smith’s Pastime (Talk to Chulev at Garfont Village, Uraya.)
- A Hat Fit for a Lady (Talk to Beemer at Fonsa Myma Port, Uraya. Available from Chapter 5.)
- Making Love Source (Stay at the inn in Argentum. Req. Poppi QT. Available from Chapter 7.)
- A Mercenary’s Honor (Go to Royal Guard Barracks. Finish “Beneath the Aurora” quest. Available from Chapter 10.)
- Merclibay’s Mightiest (Find Caephon at Rig. Harbor, Leftheria. Req. Electra & Zenobia & Herald. Available from Ch. 10.)
My Nintendo Dillon’s Rolling Western Wallpaper – To celebrate the Dillon’s Dead-Heat Breakers game launch, My Nintendo is offering two wallpapers featuring the armadillo hero, Dillon, redeemable with My Nintendo Points. For more info, please visit https://my.nintendo.com/ and check out the Smart device/PC rewards section.
Nintendo Labo Contest Winner – Three winning creations for the Best Decorated Toy-Con category will be announced on May 25. Visit the My Nintendo – Nintendo Labo Creators Contest site now. You can still enter the contest category, “Best Original Invention Using Toy-Con Garage.” Take some inspiration from the contest submissions on the contest site. You can also filter submissions by selecting the “Invention: Original Toy-Con” menu. Don’t forget to give a “like” to the ones that you liked.
- Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada, ages 13+. Nintendo Switch system and Nintendo Labo kit required. Contest begins 11AM PT on 4/20/18 and ends at 10:59AM PT on 5/11/18 for the Best Decorated Toy-Con Contest Category, 10:59AM PT on 5/25/18 for the Best Toy-Con Mod Using Toy-Con Garage Contest Category, and 10:59AM PT on 6/15/18 for the Best Original Invention Using Toy-Con Garage Contest Category. To enter, upload your photo or video of your Toy-Con creation or invention as detailed in the Official Rules. 9 winners will each receive One (1) Nintendo Labo Variety Kit (ARV: $ $69.99 USD) or Nintendo Labo Robot Kit (ARV: $79.99 USD), one (1) Nintendo Labo Creators Jacket (ARV: $ 70.00 USD), and one (1) award certificate (ARV: $ 70.00 USD). ARV of each prize package: $209.99-$219.99 USD. Total ARV of all prizes: $1,889.91-$1,979.91 USD. Chances of winning a prize depend on eligibility and quality of entries received, and how well each meets the judging criteria. Details and restrictions apply. For Official Rules, visit https://labo.nintendo.com/share/#!/contest-rulesSponsor: Nintendo of America Inc.
Also new this week:
- 6180 the moon (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ACA NEOGEO TOP PLAYER’S GOLF (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Arcade Archives Ikki (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- ATOMINE (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 25
- Baobabs Mausoleum Ep.1: Ovnifagos Don’t Eat Flamingos (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Dead Fun Pack: Penguins and Aliens Strike Again (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Die for Valhalla! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 29
- Discovery (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Dungeon Rushers (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 25
- Escape Game: Aloha (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Fallen Legion: Rise to Glory (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 29
- Harvest Moon: Light of Hope Special Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 29
- Jumping Joe & Friends (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 25
- Jurassic Pinball (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 25
- Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Deluxier Edition (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 29
- Legend of Kay Anniversary (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 29
- Mecha Storm (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 25
- N++ (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- PixelJunk Monsters 2 – Full and Demo Versions (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 25
- Punch Club (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Yoku’s Island Express (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch) – Available May 29
- Zen Bound 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch)
- Cycle of Eternity: Space Anomaly (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)